We Do Small Business In A Big Way
1-800-850-3907 Ext. 801
Victoria Andersen, our Director of Administrative Services and Managing Partner, has 20+ years of experience in Administrative Management, Contract Management, Project Coordination, Process Improvement, Event Planning, and Data Management Systems.
"...dream more, learn more, do more, become more..."
- John Quincy Adams
"Nothing is more satisfying than helping people succeed. It's what makes the long hours worth doing every day!"
Having always been good at turning challenges into solutions, I found myself pursuing a career in Administrative Services and a degree in Management, Information Systems.
Preferring the people interface and project management aspects of database development, my main focus returned to Administrative Management. I spent the last 8 years of my corporate career managing consultant contracts, payments, incoming workflow, policies/procedures, departmental databases and the expanding and contracting temporary labor force essential to meeting the demands of the publishing industry.
In 2006, we developed the Admin and Beyond virtual business support model. I am proud to manage the general operations, marketing, and Administrative and Creative Service Departments. I also serve as the first point of contact and feel there is tremendous value in person-to-person contact, especially in a world where most things are automated.
Owning a successful business allows me to continue to assist others in their pursuit of an organized and highly productive business environment, on a broader scale. Working with people who are as dedicated to the success of their business as I am, is what makes the long hours worth doing every day!
- Assistant Management
- Administrative Assistance
- Vendor Negotiations
- Creative Services
- Desktop Publishing
- Executive Assistance
- Administrative Support Department Management
- Contract Administration Management
- Database Project Management
- Policy and Procedure Development, Implementation and Management
- Event Planning
- Creative Solutions Oriented
- Project Management
- Contract Administration
- Workflow and Process Improvement
- Time and Productivity Management
- Quality Control
- Data Integrity Management
- Data Collection and Reporting
- Development, Implementation and Enforcement of Processes and Procedures
- Customer Service Management
- Training, Evaluation and Assignment of Staff
- Creating and Maintaining Budgets
- Project Costing
- Vendor Negotiations
- Event Planning
- Personnel Management (35+)
- Relationship Building/Networking
- Microsoft Office Suite (Including PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Access (Certificate)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Adobe Illustrator (Certificate)
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Dreamweaver (Certificate)
- PC/Microsoft Platform
- HTML (Certificate)
- CSS (Certificate)
- Constant Contact
- Virtual PBX
- Conceived my first data management system to collect, update and share consultant information and assignment tracking (35 person user base).
- Designed and managed a data management system to discover and recoup creative intellectual capital that had been paid for and never used. This project recovered approximately $50,000 worth of “lost” consultant work.
- Recruited by a former supervisor, I moved to San Antonio, TX to assist with start-up efforts of a new division of an international not-for-profit publishing company. The objective was to evaluate the support needs of the division, staff as necessary, set-up consultant workflow policy and procedure, as well as, contract administration policies, in accordance with corporate mandates. In addition, I developed data management systems to store consultant, contract, assignment, and payment information to improve my department’s performance and response time.
- Worked with Accounts Payable Department to reduce consultant pay-outs from 12 weeks to 4 weeks.
- Worked with Corporate Legal Department and Vendor Management to create a standard form agreement (contract) to reduced contract initiation time from 4 weeks to 48 hours.
- Had the distinct honor of having my local division databases recognized by a Corporate VP who requested I enhance and expand my databases to assist and improve performance across all like divisions of the company. This initiative entailed managing a multi-divisional task force to analyze data capturing and reporting functions, develop a framework, train employees and work with a programmer on development.
Art Institute of Pittsburgh
- Web Design and Interactive Media BS Program
- Adobe Illustrator Certificate
- Adobe Dreamweaver Certificate
- HTML Certificate
- CSS Certificate
American Sentinel University
- Database and Business Administration
- Six Sigma Green Belt Training
- After Action Review (AAR) trained facilitator
- Microsoft Access Certification
- Career Services Mentor: 2007-2010
- Career Services Advisory Board: 2008-2010
- Village of Hoffman Estates Community Volunteer
- Celtic Fest: 2014-2015
- Platzkonzert Germanfest: 2013-2015
- Northwest 4th Fest: 2013-2015
- Women's BIG 10 Basketball Conference: 2013, 2015
- Wine Wednesday Networking (Committee Member and Host) 2015
- Received The Village of Hoffman Estates "Great Citizen Award": November 2015
- Cook County Clerk's Office
- Election Judge (2014-2015)
- Administrative Judge (2014-2015)
- Hoffman Estates Chamber of Commerce
- Fashion Show Scholarship Committee 2008-2015 (Secretary 2013, Co-Chair 2014-2015)
- Women's Professional Networking Committee 2014
- The Exchange (President 2013-2016 / Member 2012-2016)
- Schaumburg Business Association
- Member 2012-2014
- Streamwood Chamber of Commerce
- Member 2014-2015
- Leader of the Hoffman Estates Chapter - 2012-2014
- Chicago Regional Leader - October 2013 - January 2014
B.I.G. (Believe, Inspire, Grow), is a women’s support, education and networking organization that embraces women’s desire to connect with each other. We strive to facilitate safe and supportive environments to further our members' personal and professional dreams and goals.
I originally joined B.I.G. as an investment in myself. I loved it so much that I applied for a Leadership role. In October 2013 I was asked to take the role of Chicago Regional Leader. Through B.I.G., I not only helped other women in my community connect and get inspired, I was inspired by the many incredible women all across the Chicagoland area!
This wonderful organization is no longer active in our area, but the strong relationships we builtstill thrive.